Volunteer at The Colony
Have Fun. Make a Difference
Volunteers have always played an important role in bringing our vibrant Community to life. The Colony offers many rewarding opportunities to get involved in Community activities, share the wisdom of generations and make a real difference in the lives of the people who live here.
The Colony offers adult, academic, and youth focused volunteer opportunities.
Adult opportunities are open to anyone 18 years of age or older who wants to support their community or are simply interested in creating new relationships with others.
Academic opportunities are open to those seeking to learn, understand, practice, and apply skills and abilities related to working with those 55 and older, and associated with a college level or beyond academic program.
Youth opportunities are open to those 15-17 years old, or part of a larger school-based program, to engage in intergenerational programming and learn from the wisdom our residents and families have to offer.
Ways to get involved
- Socialize one-on-one or in a group
- Play a game, cards or put a puzzle together with a resident
- Lead or help organize a craft activity
- Read a short story or poetry to a resident(s)
- Play music such as: piano, brass or violin
- Lead devotional/prayer group
- Help our residents follow an exercise video
- Accompany a resident(s) on a walk
- Help serve, setup or assist an event
- Bring your well trained pet in to enjoy
- Help teach our residents new technology
- Accompany a resident during a social hour, concert, craft, or event
For over a decade,The Colony’s cornerstone volunteer program has been managed by The Normandale Center for Healing & Wholeness (The Center). If you’d like to volunteer, please call The Center’s Volunteer Coordinator at 952-977-9374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about rewarding opportunities.
We look forward to seeing you at The Colony!